1. Allah won’t ask what kind of car you drove, but will ask how many people you drove who didn’t have transportation.
2. Allah won’t ask what your highest salary was, but will ask if you compromised your character or morals to obtain that salary
3. Allah won’t ask the square footage of your house, but will ask how many people you welcomed into your home.
4. Allah won’t ask about the fancy clothes you had in your closet.. but will ask how many of those clothes helped the needy.
5. Allah won’t ask about your social status, but will ask what kind of class you displayed.
6. Allah won’t ask how many material possessions you had, but will ask if they dictated your life.
7. Allah won’t ask how much overtime you worked, but will ask if you worked overtime for your family and loved ones.
8. Allah won’t ask how many promotions you received, but will ask how you promoted others.
9. Allah won’t ask what your job title was, but will ask if you performed your job to the best of your ability.
10. Allah won’t ask what you did to help yourself, but will ask what you did to help others.
11. Allah won’t ask how many friends you had, but will ask how many people to whom you were a true friend.
12. Allah won’t ask what you did to protect your rights, but will ask what you did to protect the rights of others.
13. Allah won’t ask in what neighborhood you lived, but will ask how you treated your neighbors.
14. Allah won’t ask about the color of your skin, but will ask about the content of your character.
15. Allah won’t ask how many times your deeds matched your words, but will ask how many times they didn’t.
Dari: Kang Maman *)
*)Kang Maman adalah seorang pilot, dahulu mengemudikan pesawat Garuda, akan tetapi kemudian pindah menjadi pilot di perusahaan penerbangan asing di salah satu Negara di Afrika. Beliau sering bertugas membawa jamaah baik umrah maupun haji ke tanah suci Makah pp. Bila ada acara silaturahmi di lingkungan keluarga, Kang Maman selalu membawa cerita atau membawa fotocopy-an untuk dibaca oleh hadirin. Inilah salah satunya. Barangkali tulisan di atas bukan buatan beliau akan tetapi patut untuk direnungkan. Beliau, Kang Maman kini telah tiada, meninggal dua tahun yang lalu karena sakit ketika baru saja selesai membawa pulang jamaah haji. Allahumagfirlahu!